The Compounding Lab is the one of Australia’s leading dental compound pharmaceutical labs. Our preparations support and assist in creating wellness for dental patients in a variety of ways.
We provide dentists with a simple means of ordering both dental in office-use and home use treatments for their patients.
We offer customised dental products and medications that cannot be provided by most commercial prescriptions and over the counter products. At The Compounding Lab we are highly experienced in creating formulations that enable dentists’ to provide patients a comfortable and pain-free experience. Formulations include numbing agents and topical anesthetic gels such as Tri-Caine and Tri-Caine -4 with a variety of combinations. For "caine sensitive" patients, try our Dyclonine formulations.
We also make effective products for pediatric applications, pain and discomfort and other common oral symptoms and treatments.
Orders are dispensed for your patient and are shipped quickly and directly to your dental office. For more information on how to order these proven and effective products please call 07 38626000.
Some of our dental preparations include:
• Paediatric & general dental local anaesthetics:
Try our flavour in local anaesthetics: pineapple , spearmint (blue), bubblegum, marshmallow, raspberry & cheesecake
TRI-Caine Formulas are applied to the dry mucosa inside the mouth and work within 2 minutes and last up to 15 minutes. Re-application twice in 2 hours.
• Lignocaine HCl 10%/Prilocaine HCl 10%/Tetracaine HCl 4% Dental Gel
• Lignocaine HCl 20%/Tetracaine HCl 4%/Phenylephrine HCl 2% Dental Gel
• Lignocaine HCl 10%/Phenylephrine HCl 2%/Prilocaine HCl 10%/Tetracaine HCl 4% Dental Gel
Oral Wounds and Ulcers
Our New and Innovative Polyox 301 Bandage delivers an active ingredient by powder puffer (image above). A variety of drugs may be incorporated into this puffer delivered dry powder for oral wounds and ulcers.
Active Ingredients: Tetracycline HCl 125 mg, Nystatin, Diphenhydramine HCl, Hydrocortisone
Oral Lozenge: Tetracycline HCl 1.25% /Nystatin 12000 u/mL /Hydrocortisone 0.05%/Chlorpheniramine Maleate 0.02%
Mouthwash: Misoprostol 0.0024%/Diphenhydramine HCl 0.1%/Compound Oral Rinse
• Chlorophyllin 0.2% Mouthwash
• Sodium Hypochlorite 0.12% Mouth rinse
Burning Mouth Syndrome
• Salicylic Acid 0.3% Mouthwash
• Capsaicin 0.25 mg Lozenge
• Amitriptyline HCl 2%, Gabapentin 6%, Lidocaine HCl 0.5% Oral Rinse (ARAZONIA Study on pain and transdermal therapies)
We use Poloxamer 407 30% gel delivery system for drugs in periodontal use for longer adherence.
- Metronidazole 25% Dental Gel
- Hydrogen Peroxide 15 mg/mL Oral Gel
- Minocycline HCl 2% Periodontal Gel
- Metronidazole 45.5%/Ciprofloxacin HCl 45.5%/Minocycline HCl 9% Dental Paste
- Tranexamic Acid 4.8% (solution for patients on anti-coagulant therapy)
Oral Lichen Planus
- Tretinoin 0.1% Colebtasol Propionate 0.05% Oral adhesive paste/rinse/lozenge
- Benzocaine 25% Compound Dental Gel
- Dry socket paste benzocaine compound Lidocaine HCI 15%/Prednisolone 0.5%
• Pilocarpine Hydrochloride 5 mg Sorbitol Lollipop
• Pilocarpine HCl 2 mg Lozenge
• Pilocarpine 10 mg/ml Oral Spray
• Electrolyte Lozenge
• Saline/Glycerin Oral Suspension
Magic Mouth Wash for Ulcers
The dosage form available for Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide is Topical Suspension. Custom-compounded topical gels, solutions and suspensions are formulated to be applied to the skin or mucous membrane.
1. Strength combination of Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Topical Suspension is available. These are compounded to give your solution for burning mouth post chemotherapy or post oral surgery
- Aluminum Hydroxide 13.3 mg/ml
- Diphenhydramine HCl 0.833 mg/ml
- Lidocaine HCl 6.66 mg/ml
- Magnesium Hydroxide 13.3 mg/ml
- Simethicone 1.33 mg/ml
- Suggested Flavour Mint
2. Chlorhexidine Topical Oral Gel
Our custom-compounded topical gels, solutions and suspensions are formulated to be applied to the skin or mucous membrane. Strengths of Chlorhexidine Topical Oral Gel are available, ranging from 0.12 % to 0.2 %.
3. Glutaraldehyde Solution:
The dosage form available for Glutaraldehyde is Topical Oral Solution. Our custom-compounded topical gels, solutions and suspensions are formulated to be applied to the skin or mucous membrane. The strength of Glutaraldehyde Topical Oral Solution is available in 5%.
Click HERE for a dental order form.