- Assist normal red blood cell production
- Provides high potency B12, 5-MTHF and 24 mg of iron
- Vegetable capsule suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Ideal for vegetarians and vegans: Vegetarians and vegans may require additional iron due to their dietary choices. Hemagenics VegeCare is formulated with a vegetable capsule to help meet the needs of vegetarian and vegan clients with a highly bioavailable form of iron.6 Iron bisglycinate (Meta Fe®) has been shown to remain intact for absorption despite changes in acidity and the presence of food ligands such as phytates in the gut.7
- Highly absorbable form of iron: Iron bisglycinate (Meta Fe®) is covalently bound to two molecules of the smallest amino acid (glycine), allowing absorption through the gut mucosa via the efficient amino acid uptake pathways. Owing to iron bisglycinate's (Meta Fe®) facilitated absorption through the gut mucosa, there is no dissociation in the digestive tract, minimising the side effects common amongst other forms of iron.2
- Normal red blood cell production: Adequate intake of iron, vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and folic acid are required for normal red blood cell production. Hemagenics VegeCare (Meta Fe®) offers a comprehensive formula supplying high potency vitamin B12 and folic acid.
Directions: Adults: Take 1 capsule daily with food
Warning: Not for the treatment of iron deficiency conditions.
Active Ingredients - each tablet contains:
- Iron amino acid chelate (Meta Fe® – Iron bisglycinate) 120 mg
- Equivalent Iron 24 mg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) 5.0 mg
- Calcium ascorbate dihydrate 98.3 mg
- Equivalent Ascorbic acid 80 mg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 500 μg
- Levomefolate calcium 216 μg
This content is intended for patient counseling purposes only. This content is for informational/educational purposes and is not intended to treat or diagnose any disease or person. No claims are made as to the safety or efficacy of mentioned preparations. The compounded medications featured in this piece have been prescribed and administered by doctors who prescribe compounds. You are encouraged to speak with your pharmacist and doctor as to the appropriate use of any medication.