PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE or PEA is an effective, natural painkilling and anti-inflammatory substance that has an excellent safety profile.
WHAT IS PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE?
PEA is a protective molecule produced by the human body and found in every healthy cell in the body. It is also found in animals, plants and is found in food such as meat, eggs, soybeans, and peanuts.
PEA was identified by Nobel Prize winner Levi-Montalcini, who described its value in treating chronic infections and pain. Since her discovery, hundreds of scientific studies have been carried out which have proven its efficacy as a natural painkiller.
WHAT DOES PEA DO IN OUR BODY?
PEA is a fatty acid molecule vital to a variety of cellular functions involving chronic pain and inflammation. Studies have shown it to possess neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsant, and painkilling properties.
Many people with chronic disorders do not produce enough PEA, so supplementing the body’s shortfall may be beneficial. Research has shown that PEA levels in the body are reduced after periods of illness, pain, and inflammation. It has been demonstrated in clinical trials that chronic and neuropathic pain and inflammation can be lessened by PEA. (Source) This includes Peripheral neuropathies such as-
- diabetic neuropathy
- sciatic pain
- chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
- carpal tunnel syndrome
- dental pain
- osteoarthritis and arthrosis
- low-back pain
- failed back surgery syndrome
- chronic pelvic pain
- neuropathic pain in stroke and multiple sclerosis
- chronic regional pain syndrome
- vaginal pain
- postherpetic neuralgia
- many others
WHO CAN BENEFIT BY SUPPLEMENTING WITH PEA?
- Anyone with a painful or chronic health disorder can benefit from taking PEA. Even those who are currently taking medication for complaints can benefit, as PEA has been shown to enhance the effect of medication. (Source)
- People who react to or find no benefit with anti-neuropathic or anticonvulsant drugs for nerve pain may benefit from PEA, this has been shown in large studies for sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome. (Source)
Thyroid Anti-inflammatory : Dose 2-6 caps a day as required 300caps
PEA PALMITOYLETHANOLAMIDE 250mg
Lypo- Curcumin 100mg
Vitamin D 250 IU
Vitamin A 250IU